Crack Isolation, Waterproof Membrane Liquid, 3.5 Gallon Merkrete Hydro Guard 1
Hydro Guard 1 is a single component waterproof membrane used for residential and light commercial applications that does not require fabric reinforcement. Easy to use liquid that can be applied to nearly any job situations, as well as the low VOC make this waterproofing/crack isolation a solid choice.
Technical Data: Merkrete Hydro Guard 1 is a thin, load bearing membrane composed of a modified elastomeric copolymer. With excellent elongation properties and high strength, Hydro Guard 1 provides a 100% waterproof membrane coating while limiting the transfer of substrate cracks to the finished overlay. The membrane is installed in a liquid state and can be applied to practically any form or irregular shape (i.e. base flashings, parapets, walls, etc.).
Where to use: Hydro Guard 1 is for use in commercial buildings, residential housing and other areas requiring positive waterproofing like pools, fountains, spas, hot tubs, kitchens, countertops, balconies, tub surrounds, shower stalls and pans, under terrazzo, quarry, ceramic and stone tile. This membrane can be installed over any sound substrate, vertically or horizontally, interior and exterior.
- Low VOC
- Interior or exterior
- Crack isolation up to 1/8"
- Adheres to all common surfaces
- Built-in antimicrobial for mold and mildew resistance at the substrate
- Installs quickly, cures in 2 - 4 hours (70° F, 50% R.H.)
- Fast-drying, foot traffic in 4 - 6 hours
- Thin section that does not interfere with elevations
- Exceeds ANSI A118.10 and A118.12 membrane requirements
- Easy to use; can be applied by trowel, airless sprayer, paint brush or roller
- May be turned up for base flashing and applied to walls for wainscot or shower wall application
Installation instructions for Hydro Guard Click Here for the PDF
1 gallon will cover approximately 50 square feet