Tile Tools Starter Pack
Posted by on
Whether you’re just starting out in the tiling profession or are an experienced contractor who is branching out, you’re going to need the right tools for this type of work. Here are some of the basic tools you’ll need to get you started on building your tile tools collection.
- Manual Cutter. A manual cutter is a tool that you’ll always need to make straight or diagonal cuts. It’s also great for cutting glass tile. When you’re ready, you could move up to an electric saw for faster cuts.
- Tile Nippers. A tile nipper is extremely useful to form tile edges, enlarge holes in tiles and cut tiles into desired shapes that cannot be made with a straight cutter.
- Various Sized Rubber Buckets. While these aren’t exactly tools, you’re going to need easy to clean buckets to mix mortar, and rubber buckets fit the bill.
- Trowels. Not all trowels are created equal and you are going to need a variety in various shapes, including U-notched and square-notched that are used for different applications.
- Tile Mortar Mixer. You’re going to need a reliable mortar mixer that will properly mix mortar and reduce the amount of air that gets trapped in it. Too much air weakens the final product.
- Grout Floats. You’ll need a grout float for applying and spreading grout over tile to finish grout joints.
- Tile Spacers. To keep even and consistent joints, you need tile spacers to keep your tiles straight and uniformly spaced.
- Drill Bits. To make holes in tiles, you’ll need drill bits that can be used to drill tile.
Tile Tools HQ carries all these tools and more. And the best thing is if you are a contractor, you can sign up for their contractor discount group that provides you with special pricing on the tools you order. Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page to stay up to date on deals and discounts.