Quick-Pitch® Pre-Pitch Standard Kit - Goof Proof Showers®
Pre-Pitchª is a unique, stay in place screeding tool designed for use underneath shower pan liners. The first product to be installed, Pre-Pitch creates the proper sub floor pitch (1/4" per 12" run) needed to direct water flow towards the weep holes that are an integral part of shower floor drains. By having a pitch under the pan liner, water that passes through the mud bed is now directed to the weep holes instead of being trapped between the mud bed and the liner where many mold and mildew related issues originate. The Pre-Pitch sticks have holes in their vertical web which helps to act as reinforcement and are easily cut with a hacksaw, PVC cutter or dry diamond blade. For wood subfloors, Pre-Pitch can be screwed or nailed in place. For concrete subfloors, use two sided tape. Subfloor must be level, sound and properly prepared prior to installing Pre-Pitch. Includes instructions, screws, and double sided tape. For standard shower areas with a centered drain or custom shower areas where the drain is within 36" of each wall. For shower areas where the walls are more than 36" (but less than 72") from the floor drain, also use Pre-Pitch Extended Kit. Sticks measure 1/8" to 7/8" taper x 36" long. Sold 6 per package.
- Pre-Pitch™ is a unique, stay-in-place spreading tool designed for use underneath shower pan liners.
- Pre-Pitch™ is a unique tool that creates the proper sub floor slope needed underneath the pan liner to manipulate the water towards the weep holes that are integral part of shower floor drains.
- By having a pitch under the pan liner, water that passes through the mud bed is now directed to the weep holes instead of being trapped between the mud bed and the liner.
- This 'ponding' or collection of water is where many mold and mildew related issues originate.
- Easily cut with hacksaw, PVC cutters or grinder.
- Use on wood sub-flooring or concrete floors.
- Economical, lightweight non-rotting plastic.