Tenax Tixo EX Transparent Knife Grade Adhesive, 1 Lt.
(comes with 1 Tenax Hardener White Paste Tube 45ml / 2 oz)
This adhesive is a high viscosity polyester adhesive used to vertically or horizontally repair, rebuild, bond, and fill. It is very smooth in consistency, easy to stir and spread and will cure shiny. It is very polishable and colors easily to match the stone. It cures fast and bonds extremely strong. Cures in lower temperatures and is not suitable for temperatures below 32 degrees. Recommended for interior use.
- Doesn't Drip: It’s a true knife grade that doesn't drip and run off the edge after adding the hardener and the cure starts to kick in. This is exactly what fabricators want when doing seams, 45 degree edges, or fixing edge chips.
- Fast Cure Time: It cures in about 12-15 minutes with a workable time between 4-5 minutes in real world shop and jobsite applications. That gives plenty of time to get the glue on/between the stone, clamped, and finished correctly before the cure time but sets fast enough to not waste time in the shop or in the field.
- Smooth Consistency: The creamy texture makes it super easy to work with. Especially when adding color and hardener.
- Great Transparent Color: Tenax made the Tixo EX stone glue with purest polyester resin available. This gives it some of the lightest and transparent polyester glue on the market. In the can it looks very light in color. When spread onto stone, it becomes very clear and transparent.
- Easy to Color: Because it’s so light in color, it makes it super easy to add tint to color match the stone.
- Polishes to a High Gloss: It polishes just like the stone does. This is extremely important when doing seams, filling cracks, chips, or doing lamination work.
- Extremely Strong Bond: Tenax, using premium resin raw materials, has produced one of the strongest polyester bonds in the stone industry. Fabricators are extremely confident that once bonded, Tenax will not fail.
- Durable for Years: This adhesive is extremely durable after installation. No matter what the homeowner throws at Tixo; water, oils, chemicals, etc., Tixo will stand strong and be as durable as the stone for years to come.