Aldon - SBS Sealer (1 gallon)
"S-B-S Sealer" This product is an acrylic and petroleum solvent base, penetrating sealer.
- This is the lowest solids formula in the family of S-B-S Sealer, Porous Stone Sealer, Mexiglaze. Therefore, this is the most highly penetrating of the 3 and is recommended for surface conditions with the highest risk of penetration and bonding problems due to old sealers below the surface.
- Also recommended for very dense materials (i.e. interlocking pavers, slates, bluestone, porcelain tile, quartzite stone, marble, limestone, concrete, granite, etc.)
- Clear, but provides some color enhancement on most materials
- A penetrating sealer that builds gloss on all but highly porous materials
- Used indoors and outdoors in all climates.
- For all concrete slabs, grout, tile, brick, pavers stone work.
- Will "stabilize" sand in interlocking paver joints to stop sand migration.
- Stops efflorescence (white powder) from migrating out to surface.
- Will densify (strengthen) surfaces that are weak and crumbly.
- Allows gloss reduction (if higher than desired) by using lacquer thinner to dissolve solids for further penetration into surface (or removal with clean, white cloths).
- You can protect a glossy finish sealer from traffic wear patterns by using Aldon Lifeguard. However, if you do not use "Lifeguard", the sealer is very easy to touch up.
New "S-B-S Sealer" applied on top of old "S-B-S Sealer" will melt the old sealer and all will bond together.
- This is the sealer to use when doubt exists about what is below the surface that might interfere with a sealers penetration and bonding, or is risky for some other reason.
- Also used in many other applications like protecting copper and other metals.
- Acrylic in a solvent base
- Highly penetrating sealer
- Used indoors and outdoors - does not yellow or break down
- Clear with some enhancement of materials natural colors
- Has the broadest range of application conditions
- Allows gloss buildup on denser surfaces with additional applications.
- Allows gloss reduction (if higher than desired) by using lacquer thinner to dissolve solids for further penetration into surface (or removal with clean, white cloths)
ITEMS OF INTEREST:
- This is one of those products that has many more applications than the tile and masonry markets. It has been used to prevent water damage to paint and wood with great success. In fact, because it is formulated to withstand being walked on, anything else is easy.
- You can protect a glossy finish sealer from traffic wear patterns by using Aldon Lifeguard. However, if you do not use Lifeguard, the sealer is very easy to touch up. New "S-B-S Sealer" will melt the old sealer and all will bond together.
SDS Sheet PDF
*Note this product can only be shipped FedEx ground
*** Sorry we cannot ship this product to CA due to VOC regulations